Feature Requests

What features do you want to see in Screencast-O-Matic?

1. Android tablets

Enable the product to work in android OS. So that I can use it on my tablet, and Phone.

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow batch imports and uploads

I'm using SOM to build teaching videos for my college class. I like to work on them on and off, then once they're polished and ready, upload them. Unfortunately, if I need to open an entire chapter's videos, I have to open one at a time, often with long click-delays as the SOM program waits for my USB hard drive. Then I have to upload them one at a time as well. That adds about 2 hours to the process every time I open a new chapter with my class. It would be helpful if I can select multiple *.SOM…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Position lock

I love Screencast-o-Matic but am having real trouble recording videos as I sometimes catch the edge of the box or the centre label when recording is paused with the mouse pointer. This means that I have to go back and restart at a convenient point to avoid a sudden jump in the video.

I would like an option to lock the frame in its location on the screen so it cannot be moved.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create an LTI app so educators can use SOM within their Learning Management System

Many online tools are providing LTI applications that make it easy for universities to add that tool to the campus-supported LMS (Moodle, Blackboard, Sakai, Canvas, etc). This could make it easier for educators and students to record screencasts with SOM without having to leave the LMS. There currently isn't a screencasting tool with LTI integration and is a great opp for you in the education market. Here is a list of the current LTI apps: https://lti-examples.heroku.com/index.html

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Trial

I recently found out about this software and it's rather nice. I would consider the option of upgrading to pro, however I'm not sure if all the features are what I need for the recording I wish to do. I, as many others would love to be able to have a chance to use a few days trial of the pro version. There are features that I know the pro version has, but I would love to test them out before I spend money on it. While I know this provides an issue of how you could keep track of…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kelsie, We don’t currently have a way to trial the individual Pro account, but if you purchase and aren’t satisfied for any reason we’ll happily refund.

6. Clickable links?

I'd like to be able to embed a link out to another resource during my video. I'm still getting up to speed with SOM, so maybe there is a way to do this and I just haven't found it yet?

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. let us insert in multiple choice quizzes in order for viewers to continue, to make sure they are paying attention.

In online courses, many of the videos pause in order to have the viewers interact with the material in some way, such as mini-quizzes.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Eraser

Plz give us a tool that we can erase certain items/words/ etc. If we had that a lot of my cpa/acct type of clients would use the service.

Thank you

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Reset view counter

I haven't found a way to reset the view counter to zero for my screencasts. I teach a class that views the screencast, and after the semester is over I'd like to reset the view counter to zero for the next class. How can I do this?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make transition points more easily identifiable

Currently it pulls up a list of places where you can insert transitions. I had 24 sections in the file and had a difficult time telling what was where. If each section could be identified by the first part of the script text that would be very helpful

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

To add a transition at a particular Script section you should see to the start of the section using the seek icons next to the script text.

If you do this first and then click the Transition tool it will add the transition at that point instead of showing you the list of all possible transition points.

12. Have an option to increase the size of the cursor

I'd rather have a larger cursor to make it more visible rather than the halo ring. I know you can turn the halo off, but that leaves you with a normal size cursor.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. To make an option to add a title screen or Intro

I know it's hard coding, but if you could add the ability to add a title screen or intro to the video that would be super cool!

- Jack

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. have an option to allow videos to autoplay rather than a user having to click the play button.

Currently if add the a video to your site, the user must click the play button to start the video. In some situations it would be to our advantage to have a video start playing immediately when a person hits our website for the video to autoplay.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Mouse Magnifire

Hi! I was wondering if you guys could add a mouse magnifier effect! have a circular zoom around the mouse/cursor. PLEASE do this! Thanks SOOOOO much! :)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Playlist of screencasts

I have many multi-part lectures that I would like to be able to send students to with a single url.

If we could create playlists, this would allow a series of screencasts to be linked together and referenced with a single URL.

Thanks for considering this.
    Philip Brown

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Key

I work in 3DS max and write video tutorials. I would like to
    1) In order to work properly Alt + Mouse
    2) When you press the key combination that they appear on the screen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. SOM script should accept audio from computer and not only microphone

I liked the SOM script concept however I'm unable to use it because I'm editing audio snippets in Audacity and playing them back through the computer. I wanted match the audio files with the scripts recording but unfortunately it only takes audio from the mike.

Fantastic product though !

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Prompt for channel password instead of saying "Locked Channel"

Hi, if I send a link out to people for a video in a password protected channel -- can the your system ask them to enter the channel password instead of telling them "Sorry this video is from a locked channel".

It's not obvious to them what they are supposed to do, so if you could prompt them to type the channel password instead it will save a lot of clicks and it will save me a lot of support headaches.

Thanks!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. have a username sign-in

Instead of showing the email address have a username instead.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback… In case it wasn’t clear, your email is never shown to anybody else. It’s just use for login.

• Don't see your idea?

Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base