I suggest you ...

Restart From Last Pause

Currently you have a restart button that allows me to restart from the beginning. If I have a 5 minute script and everything goes well up until near the end, I don't want to restart the video and take the chance of messing up the first part of my recording, so I just accept the error and save the video. If you had a "Restart from last pause" button, I could pause the video at appropriate times during the recording as things are going well and if I make a mistake near the end, I would only need to re-record the last portion of my script since I last paused. This would allow me to pause my way through a recording only accepting good sections, which would result in a much more professional video and at the same time save me time by not having to re-record the whole recording multiple times..

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ed Xiques shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brad Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Ed, when you make an error click pause, reset your screen, then resume and redo that section. After you complete your recording edit your recording to remove the errant section between the pauses. The pause indicators help you quickly locate the section of your recording.

For longer/more complex recordings you could record as the steps as separate smaller recordings then assemble them together in the editor.

Feedback and Knowledge Base