I suggest you ...

Add text during recording

It would be great to add text during recording.
Example:
I am a flightsimmer nd use Prepar3D together with Google Earth.
During the flight I pass interesting locations from which I can see the name in Google Earth.
If I just could enter that name in the recording for an editable amount of seconds that would be splendid.
Currently I have to pause the recording, note the time and the location and afterwards edit the recording. Lot of work.

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    BrookeBrooke shared a merged idea: Type Notes & Drag Perfect Rectangular Shapes While Recording  ·   · 
    Anand AlaghuAnand Alaghu shared a merged idea: Ability to annotate while recording  ·   · 

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brad SmithBrad Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding text is done after the recording. This way you can focus on getting your recording just right and then afterwards add text. This way you're not adding a text element while recording.

Now you can add screen annotations during your recording but those are mostly screen drawing type elements. Those may be a good option.

• BrookeBrooke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First off let me say, I love your product and ease of use! Using the free version definitely got me hooked & I've been downloading the video to edit in Photoshop. I would like to be able to type (a title or small detailed note) while recording. If I were to use the draw tool, my handwriting would look sloppy & unprofessional. Font options like font families, sizes, and weights would be grand! Also, when I draw a box, it's sloppy too. If there was a rectangular tool where I could drag over an area & have options for color outline and fill (including transparency for each) that would be amazing! Of course, I'd also like this while recording. It would be a big bonus plus if the fonts & rectangles had a color box to chooses from millions of colors instead of specific ones (this way I can match my branding)! I plan to upgrade if these features will be included. I understand you have editing tools, but as far as I am concerned, if I am going to edit after recording, I might as well use the editing software that I love. The type and rectangle tools (while recording) will save me time and headache because all I'll have to do is pause the recoding and pop that stuff in & start recording again. No need to go back in and watch my own video just to find the right spots. This could be especially annoying if the video is long. Thank you so much! And thank you for allowing feature requests!!! :)

• Anand AlaghuAnand Alaghu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi ,
        Thanks for the great product you have developed. I really love it. I was wondering if you are planning to provide a feature which would allow us to provide text annotations while recording. Preferably integrated into the draw tool. Would appreciate if you can consider this for a future release if not planned.

Thanks

Anand

Feedback and Knowledge Base