I suggest you ...

Ability to import mp4 and .mov files

How much better it would be to have an option to import other standard video files than just .som files.
Surely this would not be a difficult task and would add IMMENSE value to Pro users. I'd be happy to pay extra for this feature,..you could at least double the annual fee and I would gleefully pay it ;-)

I love S-O-M... so simple to use and a great alternative to other options.

589 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Russell Hall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I am finding that once you publish a tutorial that I am unable to go back and revise the film so not sure why that is. Is there a way of saving a version of the original so you can go back and update that?

• ray@toolbarsalesman.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I added my comment 2 years ago to be able to open existing mp4 files. Do you guys read these comments?

Says 536 people have voted for this. Why can't the feature be added?

• scotfusion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. That ability, as well as the ability to import and export Webm and MTL/Html5 files... Maybe much to ask for, after waiting more than a year for this update, but, to at least be able to bring in other video files, of the most common formats, so others could convert to and from whatever. This would easily make SOM a Camtasia killer! Id pay more for just the SOM scripts and Mp4/avi/WMV/Webm ability. No agro here... SOM rocks as is!

any word on when this feature might be implemented or at least some reason why it can't be? You would get so much more business if it were. That is the one feature that now is in debate at my workplace... and we were thinking of purchasing for 300+ staff.

I second that...I'd love to see this feature also, so I could edit video tutorials I have created in other platforms...

• Alan Cross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just play your video as normal on your pc and run Screencast when it is playing. This will capture the video in SOM format.

• salvadorez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I copy this from Cynthia comment because is exactly what i think:

"I would not be happy about doubling the fee but would like to upload video taken by other sources...."

Thank you Cynthia.

• mlmgenie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I won't pay extra for this glaringly obvious feature but I will use Screencast-o-matic ten times more often as it would eliminate a lot of extra and rather tedious work for me. I agree with everyone here...please allow us to splice in video segments. :-)

• Sean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the best application for screen recording, better than some way more expensive ones I have used.

I could really use this feature now. I have a bunch of small clips mixture of avi and wmv format supplied to me by someone I work with (doesn't use SOM). I've been asked to re-compile and change the voice-over for this series of videos into one single clip. Would be awesome to add these in the required order than simply re-record the audio ... Done!

I'd have used all my votes for this one, if I could :).

• Mark Yeager commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a very handy feature. You would be able to create Intro and Ending videos in your favorite movie making program, save it in mp4 or some format. Read it into ScreencastOmatic and add it to the beginning and endings of your screencast videos. This way you could still export them directly to Youtube or wherever, without having to bring them into photo premiere or other programs to merge before uploading to youtube. Would be quite handy I think.

• ray@toolbarsalesman.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not a programmer, but I would think you folks could implement this feature. Please consider it. It would make your product/service 100% better!

• Cynthia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would not be happy about doubling the fee but would like to upload video taken by other sources....

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base