I suggest you ...

Have a green screen feature for the webcam

Have a green screen feature for the webcam recording so that the backgrond can be any image of choice

51 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Oleg ArioOleg Ario shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andrew BeachAndrew Beach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to have chroma key, this would be a game changer. Would even pay a little extra to have it.

• DericDeric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

imho adding chromakey to the som platform would tremendously boost the use case for som.

• GeoffGeoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES PLEASE!
        At the moment I have to record my green screen through other applications!

• Ali AbediAli Abedi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a critical requirement for those using video conference applications alongside som

• ShaneOShaneO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love the ability to use green screen for the webcam to drop out the background as it rests over my screencast. If chroma key existed for this application, I would switch from Camtasia in a heartbeat.

• lonnievansonlonnievanson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to have the green screen feature in screencast-o-matic. It is the only reason why I do not use this program.

• Joe MedranoJoe Medrano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this software is easier to use then Camtasia. would love to be able to use a greenscreen. had I known there was not a screen capability I would not have paid for 3 years.

hope it is coming before my 30 day trial with Camtasia runs out. thanks

• dmooredmoore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would not have though that green screen would be that useful but Camtasia makes a good case for it:

I can see where it would be useful for product videos. Heck, now I need to see if it is in my video editing app!

Feedback and Knowledge Base