I suggest you ...

Either show the full script section or allow script export

I've seen the existing ideas that ask for exporting the scripts, and I agree with them, but an alternative that would work for me is to show the full script section on screen (instead of having it trailing off) - if I could resize that box, or if it could scroll, then I could see enough to know what's coming. As it is, even though I just recorded the audio, I'm still guess as to what's coming, and my video doesn't look natural. Being able to export the script (so I can print it), or being able to actually see the full section on screen is really important to be able to effectively use scripting! Thank you.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nick SantosNick Santos shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Val DiamondVal Diamond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

7/14/16
        feedback=screencast-o-matic.com@uservoice.com
        I received the below response from Sam regarding " I want my users to have the option of printing the caption/script."

Hello Val,

It looks like your screenshot is showing how a published scripted recording is shown once it's uploaded and viewed from a Pro Hosting playback page.

Following is a link to a short tutorial that goes into more detail about how Pro Hosting works. If you have any further questions, just let me know.

http://help.screencast-o-matic.com/channels/co6Yr763G#navback

-Sam

• Val DiamondVal Diamond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Nick for bringing up this issue. I want my users to have the option of printing the caption/script. When I used the Screencast-o-Matic tutorials to learn how to create a script and insert it as a caption, I had to copy and paste the captions into a Word document, then print them. For me, having the captions under the video isn't as effect. Your post was on 11/16/15. If this issue has been resolved, where can I find it on the Screencast-o-Matic website?

• Nick SantosNick Santos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry for not being clear - to clarify, when I say "show the full script section on screen," I'm referring to when recording the video.

Feedback and Knowledge Base