I suggest you ...

Import narration for Scripted Recording

If in the scripting function, we could upload mp3s to the scripts for which we would then record video, that would be helpful. I am in the situation where I am making videos whose not all of the audio is being recorded in-house.

72 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Frances shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • whomadeyoursite commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Integration with Polly...or at least the ability to upload mp3s... PLEASE. I just paid for 3 years only to discover I cannot import my pre-recorded audio. Not everyone records in-house.

• GrumpyNinja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the script feature, but not being able to upload mp3s is a deal breaker for me. Such a simple fix.

For extra points I'd suggest a tight integration with a voice synthesizer API like AWS Polly.

• Alisha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is anyone at screencast-o-matic monitoring this? Is there any hope for this feature? Currently experiencing major roadblocks as a result of this.

• ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or wav files! We have recorded lectures and would love to use the scripting feature to add visuals

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My question is why isn't this already in the product. It seems so basic?

• Jeffrey Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has any more thought been given to this? I have need of converting pre-recorded scripts from another authoring tool to SOM and this would literally save hours of studio time.

• EP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is also critical to enable importing of translated audio for other languages to incorporate into an existing video.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When recording script audio, it would be helpful to allow the audio from the computer rather than a mic so I can use pre-recorded voice actor snippets.

• AM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I could import a pre-recorded audio script, then I could hire someone else to record the audio.

Once the audio is imported I would record the screen while that audio script is playing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base