Feature Requests

What features do you want to see in Screencast-O-Matic?

1. Overlay background music

After editing a video, I would like to overlay a background music track.

I don't want to record the music coming from my computer while I narrate, because when I edit the video, the backing music gets chopped and loses its fluency.

I simply want to add a background track to the existing recording.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 217 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  55 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it Free Again!

I used your app hours every day since I make video tutorial. Had to format my laptop, and when downloading version 2, I realized it is NOT FREE anymore. Make it free again and put your site's name on the bottom. Stop Being Greedy!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Restart From Last Pause

Currently you have a restart button that allows me to restart from the beginning. If I have a 5 minute script and everything goes well up until near the end, I don't want to restart the video and take the chance of messing up the first part of my recording, so I just accept the error and save the video. If you had a "Restart from last pause" button, I could pause the video at appropriate times during the recording as things are going well and if I make a mistake near the end, I would only need to re-record…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Chroma Key

How about a Chroma Key for Green Screen effects?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. insert script section

If I need to insert a section in my scripted recording, it would be nice to have a button to insert a new blank section so I can record my audio and video.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this by doing the following:

1. Click in the text box for a script section either at the very start of the text or the very end.

2. Press ENTER key and a new section will be added above or below depending on if the cursor was at the start or end of the text.

7. Home and End keys to move to beginning/end of timeline

Add keyboard shortcuts for Home and End keys to move to beginning/end of timeline

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. have the option to archive files...some files are no longer relevant, but I don't want to delete them...just store them

I would like the ability to archive files. Some files are no longer relevant, but I don't want them deleted...just stored for future reference.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 4K Quality Feature

I really need to record in 4K quality because it will make my overall videos better and attract more viewers and subscribers to my channel, resulting in a happier me. I've been using screencast for over a year now and it is by far the best and easiest to use screen recording software but if you put 4K in then screencast would get so many more users. the only other thing i can think of is the watermark on the bottom left, please make it a little smaller or just remove it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can record fullscreen on a 4k monitor but it might not be the best option when sharing with many users that don’t have such a large monitor.

10. Keep the app open after finishing a recording (instead of auto-closing)

Remain open after I finish recording (so I can record another video) instead of automatically closing after each video.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Have a green screen feature for the webcam

Have a green screen feature for the webcam recording so that the backgrond can be any image of choice

103 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. bookmarks

Give the option to put bookmarks on recordings. Bookmarks people can click on to go to specific section of the recording.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. allow to pay with Paypal subscription

Paypal allows safe and secure transactions while also offering an alternative method of payment (aside from any credit or debit card) due to having an extra merchant account, whether it's business or personal. This also helps with most international buyers, as international credit cards have many restrictions and Paypal usually pays the conversion costs from the client (foreign) instead of the merchant (ScreencastOMatic).

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ipad app

hey, i think that you should make a app for ipad, iphone etc so we can record stuff on screen of the device it would work well and lots of people would get it

email back please

894 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    79 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Screencast-O-Matic announced that it just released an intuitive iPhone screen recording app. The mobile screen recorder is in addition to the company’s already multi-device suite of video creation tools.

The iOS screen recorder is enhanced with features to enable users to record their iPhone screen and audio narration. Educators and students can easily record and utilize features in scenarios including:
    Create video tutorials – Highlight apps or process on a mobile device.
    Showcase student portfolios – Students are able to adjust the speed and rotation of videos they’ve created.
    Create recordings on the go – Publish video updates while outside of the classroom and crop for popular social sites.
    Give meaningful feedback – Connect with students quickly and utilize facecam options for communication.

Once the app is installed, users can start recording their mobile screen. The user will have the ability to make adjustments to recordings including adjusting speed and…

15. Add songs for a video.

a video with music in the background is lighten up than a video without music. so my idea is that there is some standard musics come and then you can use those. and that you perhaps can put your own music erin

343 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    36 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. pro account

After you created a video and add a title the video file saves in a weird file name like som_1361439738.mp4

This is bad for Seo

I always need to upload the file to my computer than rename it the title of the video as my testing have show that file name in youtube videos help seo

Please can you make this feature???
    I just bought a pro account

i really want to direct upload to you tube with the title as the file name

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add support for Box (box.net)

I'd love to see Box as a location to save files. At Box, many of us use SOM daily, and end up having to save local copies. We'd be happy to get you in touch with our platform team to scope and build this! The APIs are located at http://developers.box.com/docs/#tokens-token-object

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Give users the option of turning on and off the webcam at their lessure.

Not every recording required video throughout its duration, for example, I would like to use the webcam at the introduction and conclusion stages of the screencast and not in the body (middle). I cannot manipulate the webcam once it is turned on! WHY?

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Have the webcam setting retain a default

I keep adding in my webcam for a screen cast - I run a test. Check sound and video, and then re-start, but forget to re-add the webcam video. So frustrating! Is there no preferences setting that allows me to have the webcam on by default? I'm on ScreencastOMatic Pro. I really want the recorder to default to webcam added or not depending on what I did in the previous recording ... great product otherwise. many thanks in advance

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. thinkness of free hand drawing tool

I LOVE the new features, esp the drawing tool. I would like to see the ability for a few different thicknesses for the free hand drawing tool. I make videos drawing music notes on staff paper, and having the tool a little thinner would make it easier to draw notes on the staff. Keep up the great work!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base